Power adapters are as common as ordinary goods, such as […]
Power adapters are as common as ordinary goods, such as portable phones, LED lights, routers, notebook computers, and printers. But many people are at a loss when choosing a power adapter. The following are three criteria to be met when choosing a power adapter.
Meet the three adaptation conditions
1. The adapter interface matches the device.
2. The output voltage must be the same as the rated input voltage of the load (mobile equipment), or within the voltage range that the load (mobile equipment) can withstand, otherwise the load (mobile equipment) may be burned.
3. The output current of the power adapter should be equal to or greater than the current of the load (mobile device) to provide sufficient power.
1. The first article requires no explanation. Do not insert mismatched interfaces without professional knowledge.
2. Why the voltage is the same? From a principle point of view-the voltage is insufficient to drive the load, and the battery cannot be charged normally, that is, the supply exceeds the demand.
3. As to why such a current configuration is needed, it involves the principle of the circuit. As we all know, the power supply has internal resistance. The greater the internal resistance, the greater the loss. Therefore, the manufacturer will determine the no-load output voltage of the adapter according to the internal resistance during production. The current threshold corresponding to the voltage threshold is what we see Nominal value of current. The larger the nominal current value, the better the carrying capacity of the adapter. Therefore, you can choose an adapter with a slightly larger current instead of damaging the battery to charge faster.
Pay attention to these three principles, but they are not absolute. Circuits fill our daily lives.
The correct choice of power adapter and correct use will not cause damage to electronic equipment and will not shorten the normal service life.
Zhejiang Dechuang Transformer Manufacturing Co., Ltd.