Many people do not know how to choose when buying a tra […]
Many people do not know how to choose when buying a transformer. This is a problem faced by many buyers. There are many types of transformers. What type of transformer should we choose?
1. Purpose: We need to know what the transformer is used for. If you want to lift the bar: "I buy a transformer, of course it is useful", then we have no choice but to take the transformer away and not return it. We generally know that transformers are divided into oil-immersed transformers and dry-type transformers. Dry-type transformers are generally suitable for indoor or crowded places, such as stations, schools, office buildings and other places. Oil-immersed transformers are mostly suitable for outdoor use. The transformers on our common utility poles are all oil-immersed transformers. Generally, oil-immersed transformers are waterproof.
2. Capacity. The capacity of a transformer is a measure of the rated power of the transformer. If the transformer capacity is selected too large, the contracted power will be larger, and the user will have to pay a lot of basic electricity bills every month. In addition, the efficiency will be reduced due to the reduced load factor of the transformer. If the transformer capacity is selected too small, it will cause transformer overload and increase loss, and also limit the development of future production.
3. Transformation ratio. The transformation ratio generally refers to the ratio of the input voltage to the output voltage. For example, a common 10KV transformer is 10000V to 400V. It is not necessary to buy the wrong transformer if you know this. Generally speaking, the purchase of a transformer mainly considers the purpose, Capacity and transformation ratio, as long as you pay attention to these points, you can buy a suitable transformer to avoid the problem of using small horse-drawn carts or dry-type transformers outdoors.
4. Size. Generally, the larger the capacity of the transformer, the larger the size, and the location of the installation must be planned in advance.
5. Insulating medium. There are oil-immersed and dry-type transformers. The former has a higher safety factor and better heat dissipation, but it cannot be used in some residential areas and public places, mainly because the transformer oil is dirty and the fire protection requirements are also higher.
6. Cooling method. There are several types of self-cooling, air-cooling and water-cooling. Small outdoor transformers are generally self-cooling. Air cooling and water cooling can be selected indoors, especially in places with poor ventilation in the basement.
Zhejiang Dechuang Transformer Manufacturing Co., Ltd.